Monday, June 06, 2011

STYLING: [gentry | photo shoot | f11 & SS12]

Hi Lovelies,

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I know I sure did. This past Saturday, GENTRY asked me to co-style their Fall 2011 and Spring/Summer 2012 photo shoot with the amazing Ed Choi up at the Stahl House in the Hollywood Hills (photographed on the right). I was extremely excited and honored that they had asked me to help style they're shoot. On top of never really focusing on just men's styling before, I was also excited to be able to work with all of GENTRY's amazing men's accessories (neck pins, tie pins, tie bars, pocket squares, bow ties (new) and neck ties).

It's definitely a lot easier to style a shoot when you believe in the product, as well as the brand's vision. What I love about GENTRY is their effortless, classic with a modern take on men's accessories and of course their attention to details. I think that more men should start investing in their accessories. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I see more men out their wearing tie bars but how about adding a little more character to the accessories?! Like GENTRY's Fitzgerlad collection. This is probably by far my favorite collection from GENTRY. I'm in love with the Carraway set and the clock tie pin is my all time favorite.

ATTENTION ALL MEN: please start wearing tie pins, I love them more than tie bars (but I love tie bars too). It's a nice suttle touch of character to an outfit and I LOVE that! All you need is just a little detail to finish a look. As shown in the photo on the left on the handsome Warren Baker, the face of GENTRY. Which is actually a sneak peek pic at one of the looks from the shoot for GENTRY's Fall 2011 campaign.

Ok enough about my love for GENTRY and men's accessories... Now back to the photo shoot. We started off the day shooting GENTRY's Spring/Summer 2012 collections. Since Spring/Summer is more vibrant and colorful, it was only natural to start off the day with the SS collection. Which I personally had the most fun with styling wise (I think Ed did as well). In the Spring collection we also wanted to show people that men's accessories didn't have to be tied down to suits and evening wear. As you'll be able to see a little peek at in the behind the scenes photos below. (click image to enlarge photo)

Models for GENTRY's Spring/Summer 2012 is Warren Baker, Brian Thomas Gove and Austin Stowell. Photographed by Carl Lindstorm

After we wrapped the SS shoot at the Stahl House around 3pm, it was time for the Fall 2011 shoot. Unfortunately, I was wrapped up in the shoot that I completely forgot to take some behind the scenes photos for the Fall collection but I'm sure the one with Warren in the top left is good enough for you guys. However, here is a photo of all of us at the end of the day.
Crew photo from GENTRY's Fall 2011 photo shoot at the Stahl House.

Co-founders: Ms. Imamura & Mr. Sato
Photographer: Everette Perry & his assistants
Fashion Stylist: Jen Nunn-Iwai & Ed Choi
Groomer: Jonathan Colombini
Models: Warren Baker, Alex Ulvsgard & Jonathan Isaiah

All-in-all it was an amazing day with amazing people and an amazing view! Loved every moment of it. Had a blast and I can't wait for the next one. Thank you... Annie & Greg for having me be a part of this photo shoot and Ed for being my partner in crime on this shoot. NUNN + CHOI styling, next stop... the world! :)

Also, I want to thank everyone else that made this shoot happen. Great Team! Can't wait to see all the photos.

Until next time,
xoxo
j

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...